Our specialty is helping clients with PTSD and/or Traumatic Brain Injury and/or Military Sexual Trauma; we additionally train to help with mobility assist and seizures whenever possible.
As a potential candidate, you should:
- Be a veteran or first responder.
- It is recommended that the team remain in the Next Step training area for at least one year following acceptance in our program. This allows for additional training during this period of adjustment.
- Be able to provide your own transportation to and from training sessions.
- Be able to meet the physical, mental, and emotional needs of a dog, or have an adequate support system in place.
- Be willing and able to commit to the training program.
- Agree to adhere to the Next Step Service Dogs rules and regulations concerning care and training of the dog.
- Have the full support of your family, including caregivers, in your quest to receive a service dog.